About National Employability Enhancement Mission (NEEM)
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the statutory body and a national-level council for technical education, under Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, and Government of India Established in 1987. AICTE is responsible for proper planning and coordinated development of the technical education and management education system in India.
All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) has issued National Employability Enhancement Mission (NEEM) Regulation, 2013 published in Gazette of India Dated 15.4.2013, which aims to offer on the job (OJT) practical training to enhance employability of graduates/diploma holders or students pursuing graduation/diploma to increase their employability in any technical or non-technical stream or have discontinued studies of degree or diploma course.
YSF has been appointed as NEEM facilitator by AICTE to roll out apprenticeship as per the guidelines set under the notification.
The objective of NEEM Scheme is to offer on-the-job practical training to enhance employability of a person either pursuing his or her post graduation / graduation / diploma in any technical or non-technical stream or has discontinued studies after class 10th.
Eligibility of NEEM Trainee:
Duration and Types of Training
- age: 16 Years – 40 Years on the date of registration.
- Educational Qualification: Pursuing / Completed or Discontinued Graduation/ Diploma
- Experience: Should not be employed at the time of registration
- Medical Fitness: Satisfies standard of medical fitness as prescribed by YSF
- Area of Operation: PAN India without any local Approvals
The duration of training shall be determined by the nature of Industry or trade where a trainee would be engaged for imparting such training and shall be at the sole discretion of the YSF Pune and shall be for a minimum of 3 months and maximum of 36 months.
Leave and daily hours of work of training shall be prescribed by the policy of the Employer/ company / industry, where the trainees will be placed for the training.
Benefit to Candidates:
- NEEM agent shall pay all enrolled NEEM trainees a remuneration / stipend which shall be at par with the prescribed minimum wage for unskilled category.
- Remuneration/ stipend shall be paid as a single consolidated amount and such payment will not attract any statutory deductions or payments applicable to regular employees since the NEEM contract assures training and does not constitute employment.
- Consolidated Stipend: Approved Minimum Wages for unskilled category under applicable Act (State Wise) + WC Policy Premium
- Candidates as a NEEM trainee undergoes extensive “on the job training” in an industry, which would enhance his employability.
- Apart from monthly stipend the essential facilities such as canteen, uniform, safety shoes, insurance etc will be given to each student of on job training as per company policy.
- Gaining confidence in abilities: Practice makes perfect. If trainees learned about a specific technique in the classroom, they are able to test it out in the world of work. Then they will be much more equipped with the technique.
- Develop Contacts: Working with professionals, the trainee will tap into a network that can offer references, advice and information about new technologies.
- Focused Career Direction: The trainee will be able to explore his/ her subject preferences and develop it into a career.
- Employability Enhancement Program (EEP): All trainees will be offered cloud based training of EEP programs.
- Convert training into a Future Job: After completion of On Job Training & working experience students becomes a preferred choice of any recruiter in the coming year.